Home > Resources > Earthquake Soft-Story Resources > Permit & Building Department Info

Permit & Building Department Information

After you receive a notice that you have been accepted in the Earthquake Soft-Story grant program (ESS), but before you begin your retrofit, either you or your contractor must get a permit from your local building department. The requirements for different building permits may vary. For instance, some building departments' permits are only valid for six months, while others may be valid for a year. Check with your local building department to find out more information.

Local Building Departments

Northern California Permits​ Southern California Permits
City of Berkeley City of Los Angeles
City of Oakland City of Pasadena
City of San Francisco  

801 K Street, Suite 1000
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (877) 232-4300

©2024 California Residential Mitigation Program (CRMP)

Privacy Policy  |  Social Media Guidelines  |  Terms of Use  |  Disclaimer