Home > How to Pay for a Retrofit

How to Pay for a Seismic Retrofit

You’ve made the important decision to strengten your house against earthquake damage—now, decide how you will pay for it.

CRMP’s Earthquake Brace + Bolt (EBB) program, which launched in 2013, offers grants of up to $3,000 for a residential seismic retrofit. These grants cover retrofits for strengthening specific types of older, wood-frame homes.

The California Earthquake Authority (CEA) also developed CEA Brace + Bolt (CEA BB), which helps CEA policyholders afford the cost of an earthquake retrofit in order to strengthen their homes.

In addition to these two programs, there are yet more funding options available in California to help you pay to strengthen your home against earthquake damage.

801 K Street, Suite 1000
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (877) 232-4300

©2021 California Residential Mitigation Program (CRMP)

Privacy Policy  |  Social Media Guidelines  |  Terms of Use