Home > Resources > Permit & Building Department Info

Permit & Building Department Information

EBB Permit & Building Department Information

After you've been notified that you have been accepted into a CRMP earthquake retrofit program, but before you begin your retrofit, either you or your contractor must get a permit from your local building department. The requirements for different building permits may vary. For instance, some building departments' permits are only valid for six months, while others may be valid for a year. Check with your local building department to find out more information.

If you applied for an Earthquake Brace + Bolt (EBB) Supplemental Grant (SG), note that the SG approval process takes approximately two weeks after you submit all required forms, during which time you will not have access to your EBB Homeowner Dashboard. It is recommended that you obtain your permit after the SG approval process is complete.

Northern California Building Departments

Southern California Building Departments